Year 4 begin with the Science topic: Animals including humans. We study the digestive system of a human and go on a very special journey with a sandwich, through a human's body! Children will also develop their understanding of their vital organs.
Our Science lesson overviews are found below :
1. Can I name and label digestive parts?
2. Can I describe the functions of the main parts of the digestive system?
3. Can I explain the different parts of the digestive system?
4. Can I investigate how food is broken down in the digestive system?
5. Can I plan the journey of a sandwich through a human body using scientific vocabulary?
6. Can I develop my understanding of how teeth are an important part of a human's digestive system?