In Year Six, one of our main priorities is to get the children mentally prepared for high school. In order to do this, we place a lot of responsibility on the pupils and it is down to them to remember key dates and what equipment they will require for different days. Here is a list of some useful information to help children during their time in Year Six.
- Spellings, Mymaths and activities in the CPG books will go out every Friday via Google Classrooms. It will be due in the following Friday.
- PE is on a Monday afternoon so please remember to come to school in your PE kits on this day.
- Each Year Six class has their own cloakrooms. This is where you will leave your coats, bags and lunch boxes for the day.
- Children in Year Six are allowed to go walk home without their parents - a consent form must be completed and handed in to the office in order for us to allow you to leave alone/with a friend.
- Children can bring in mobile phones however, a consent form must be filled in and handed to the office first. Mobiles must be handed to the class teacher who will store them in a locked box. Phones must be turned off when on the school premises.
- Children are expected to read at least three times a week. They are also responsible for ensuring that their reading diary has been signed by an adult. Their reading will be rewarded using Starbook loyalty cards.